Web site owners may start earning money by displaying ads which are relevant to the content on their site's pages using the free-to-use Google AdSense service. Google crawlers search and detect the content on your pages, delivering ads with text and images that will correspond to the interests of your audience.
The owners, in turn, receive earnings from the advertisers based on the number of clicks or the number of impressions per ad. The earning depends on several factors, including the importance of your site for the advertiser. The payments are processed by an Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) system and will be delivered to your bank account on a monthly basis.
For a detailed introduction of exactly what AdSense is and how it works please click here.
Integrate Google AdSense
1. To launch AdSense visit https://www.google.com/adsense/g-app-single-1 and fill the application form:
Verify your information and select whether you will use AdSense with your existing Google account, or create a new account for AdSense.
2. After submitting your application the Google AdSense team will follow up with an email (within 2-3 days) to confirm that your site is eligible to start the program.
3. Once you have been approved for the program, login to your Google AdSense account at: http://www.google.com/7thday_ads You will be prompted to accept the Terms and Conditions agreement. Then, you will land on the AdSense Dashboard.
4. To start using the application, visit AdSense Setup tab. There you have three different options for the ads to appear in
- Content - using the ads as an external block (unit) of ads targeted to your audience somewhere in your site. The ads will take into consideration your site's content as well.
- Search - adds a Google Search box to the site. When visitors search for a keyword, they will find targeted results and paid listings.
- Feeds - attaches an ad unit to a specified site feed.